The new Windows server 2019 is designed to support hybrid computer environments. This means that companies run Windows server in their datacenters and use public cloud services. Micrsoft’s browser based management portal “ Windows Admin Center”enables the hybrid support.
Of course, Windows Server 2019 has the necessary security features, such as Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection services . Also a shielded virtual machines capability averts the copying of virtual machines files. This capability is extended to Linux based virtual machines.
Improvement of the CPU performance improvements in Windows Server 2019 thanks to Receive Segment Coalescing in the vSwitch technology, which decreases CPU use while boosting throughput.
All above and more innovations and functionalities will be discussed during our technical session on April 25.
A technical View on the four strategic winning pillars of Windows Server 2019
13:30 PILLAR 1: Hybrid Cloud
- Extending Active Directory
- Synchronizing file servers
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Foundation Windows Admin Center (Formerly Project “Honolulu”)
- Windows Admin Center Architecture
- When do you also need System Center and/or Operations Management Suite next to Windows Admin Center?
- Management with Windows Admin Center: Servers, Failover Clusters and Hyper-Converged Clusters
14:15 BREAK 1
14:30 PILLAR 2: Security
- The basics and the architecture of Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- The basics and the architecture of Shielded Virtual Machines
- Shielded Virtual Machines improvements in Windows Server 2019 (Fallback Host Guardian Service), offline mode and Linux Support
- Exploring the four components of Windows Defender Exploit Guard
15:00 PILLAR 3: Application Platform
- Foundation Windows Containers on Windows Server
- Linux containers on Windows
- Building Support for Kubernetes
15:30 BREAK 2
15:45 PILLAR 4: Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure Foundation
- The Storage Spaces Direct Stack
- What is new in Storage Spaces Direct?
- The benefits of Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC) in the vSwitch for Storage Spaces Direct
- Lenovo Microsoft HCI Solution using ThinkSystem rack servers